Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day, 2010

Well this is probably as good a day as any to start a blog. I want to do one for the store, but thought it might be easier if I started here.

It is a beautiful day and I'm here at home so I spent some time with my plants. The little seedlings of parlsey are up and running. In fact I transplanted some today into larger pots. I will take some to Herb club for sale but want to use most of them as edging plants. We'll see how that turns out.

I took other plants outside for a breath of fresh air. I think even the basil will do okay unless we get another breath of winter.

The most exciting thing that I did was cut some branches to bring inside. Norm cut some beautiful yellow daffodils already. I cut some Cornus mas Cornelian cherry dogwood which is one of the earlier plants to bloom in a stunning yellow color. (Of course the vernal witchhazels have been blooming for a month, but we are not lucky enough to own one. yet.) I also cut some forsythia. We have several of these but the Minnesota variety is the one that reliably blooms.

I sharpened my clippers last week so it was easy to clip off some neat blooms. I got rid of the crossing branches and some that had scars from the 17 year locusts (cicadas) from 2 years ago. I always say I'll force branches late in the winter but never do. This is just as nice.

I will try to add a picture soon.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers